New answers tagged


Federal regulations allow the US Customs and Border Patrol to operate "anywhere within 100 miles of any US external boundary". "External boundary" includes the Canadian and Mexican borders, sea coasts and the great lakes; but it does not include airports. The zone does include many major cities, not because airports count but because many ...


are there any countries I might have trouble entering with a Japanese tourist visa stamp (sticker) in my (EU country) passport? No. (e.g. see the UK list of incompatible countries (mirror)).


Strictly speaking, no. The link to the Department's web page for exit requirements about travel to New Zealand contains this note: Note: This provision is only applicable when New Zealand is the destination of travel. If you are transiting through New Zealand to another destination you must apply for an outward travel exemption. In practice, once you have ...


Generally: If they do more than just look at your passport / ID then there probably is a record. The US records entry/exit data with the I94, partly electronically. In Canada, entries have been recorded for all travellers since 2000 and since 2019, exits are also collected on US and Canadian citizens. I crossed with an Austrian passport from Seattle to ...

Top 50 recent answers are included