New answers tagged


Another wrinkle in the ESTA saga: the UK FCO have changed their advice and state that You’ll need a visa to enter the USA. The Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) visa waiver programme is not currently in operation due to the imposition of new travel restrictions on those travelling from the UK. However, the official ESTA web site is ...


As other as provided, this varies a lot. In some situations, the officer is actually checking your answers against data they already have, whether it's from a visa application, an ESTA/ETA/eVisitor/etc. application, a landing card, your airline PNR (they may have access to your return flight). That's why they sometime ask questions which may seem ...


If I provide info to an immigration officer, does he enter it into a database? Yes in some case, no in others: there a millions of combinations of your citizenship(s), country of origin, country of entrance, time of day, type of border crossing, equipment available, mood & attitude of the immigration office, many more.


(Information correct as of May 18th 2020) You mother can enter the US since she is a US citizen. From this Whitehouse article: I have determined that it is in the interests of the United States to take action to restrict and suspend the entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of all aliens who were physically present within Iran ...


Wanderlust maintains a more-or-less up to date list of countries that still allow travel. However, on closer inspection all the countries listed as "open" have either suspended visas on arrival (eg. Maldives), failing condition 1, or mandate 14-day self-isolation/quarantine on arrival (eg. South Korea), failing condition 2. So as of May 15th, the list of ...


Many changes can happen currently in a month (likely looser restrictions for some countries, but can also be tightened if the numbers require it); so don't rely on current information too much. Always check with your airlines and the border authority before travel. For France, transit is possible only for returning to country of residence/origin. The check ...


I'll use France for my example since you mentioned that country. Since your partner is a "third-country" citizen, she does in fact need a declaration as stated in the website of the French Consulate General in London: Anyone travelling to France from abroad is still required to show an official declaration for international travel, in paper or digital ...


You need to apply for a visa. The UK does not issue visas at the border, and people using 1951 convention travel documents are not eligible for visa free entry, since the UK suspended its participation in the European Agreement on the Abolition of Visas for Refugees in 2003.


I was using an Irish passport card in one hotel in Benidorm. The receptionist insisted it was only a I.D. card and would not listen. She actually laughed out loud at my apparent stupidity. However I succeeded in the end without an apology.


There are two main systems used by airlines to check travel documentation requirements such as visas/etc. The first of these is Timatic as you've mentioned. This is by far the most popular, and is used by most airlines. The second is TravelDoc from ICTS which provides a similar service, but is less common.


U.S. Immigration attorney here. First things first: my advice to my clients (and family, for that matter) is to always apply for the visa rather than relying on ESTA. While the ESTA program is a huge convenience when things go right, it quickly turns into a huge headache when anything goes wrong. Cancelled flights, illnesses, freak weather events, and stuff ...


I'm afraid you are misled about a couple of things. Firstly, despite the original statement that the travel ban was for thirty days, the ban has not been lifted. It is still in place, and will probably last for months. See this article for more information. Second, there has been no mention of preventing people from using ESTA. A Schengen Area national can ...


Some countries—notably India and Singapore—require arriving travelers to present a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate if they have been in a country where yellow fever transmission is endemic within the past six days. Other countries with this requirement are a bit vaguer about the exact timing, but six days seems a reasonable rule of thumb even in such ...


There are still commercial flights to Poland flying every day through July, while your guest may not be able to make it out as originally ticketed, there are plenty of alternatives flying from major US cities to Poland. Have you done a search on Google Flights or some other OTA?

Top 50 recent answers are included