I used to work in China till June this year but now work in Singapore. I still have a valid residence permit for China till April 2015. Can I travel to China for business using the residence permit for re-entry or do I need to apply for a business visa?

1 Answer 1


Yes, you can. Nobody is going to check whether you work in China or not.

Changing Educational Institution or Employer

If you want to study at a different educational institution or work for another employer, it is permitted to do this without having to start from the absolute beginning and get a new visa. The first criterion is that you must do this while the existing Temporary Residency Permit is valid...

  • 1
    I'm agree that his permit is still valid to enter in China, but copying a phrase from a site (without adding the source) is a bad answer Aug 29, 2014 at 7:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.