I live in China but don't have residence permit as my visa is X2. In order to apply for Russian tourism visa from a third country, you must live there for more than 90 days with valid visa. I have visa, but do NOT have the residence permit.

In this case, can I apply for a tourism visa for Russia in China, as a foreigner? The information seems mixed, as some report the residence permit is required while others say the visa page scan is sufficient...

  • The reason for the downvote?
    – Blaszard
    Commented Jun 15, 2018 at 2:44
  • Do you have residency anywhere? I think it will be difficult to get an invitation without residency somewhere. Like, where would they even mail your visa to you?
    – AussieJoe
    Commented Jul 5, 2018 at 19:54
  • @AussieJoe I attend language school and live in university campus, so the residency is not a problem. But I don’t need the resistance permit which is obtainable only for those who study more than 180 days.
    – Blaszard
    Commented Jul 5, 2018 at 22:39
  • Which country you are citizen of? Commented Sep 5, 2018 at 8:04
  • @Zhigalin Japan
    – Blaszard
    Commented Sep 5, 2018 at 9:27

1 Answer 1


From the official site of the Foreign Affairs Ministry of the Russian Federation:
Tourist visa:

  1. Для граждан третьих стран (не граждане КНР): копия визы или документа, дающего право на непрерывное нахождение в стране пребывания на период более 90 дней.

Free translation:

For non-citizens of China, a copy of visa or an another document which enables you to stay for more than 90 consecutive days.

So, just a visa is ok.

Note, the Russian Embassy in China recommends to not apply for visa directly but to use the Russian Visa Center in Beijing: http://www.russiavisa-china.cn/English/Tourist.html

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .