Do i need a transit visa for a flight that goes from Belgium to Ecuador and has a stop on London? I have a Belgian Residence Permit valid for a year because I'm a student, I have only the Residence Permit card and the visa in my passport is expired.

  • 3
    Welcome to travel.SE. What's youre citizenship? Do you intend to exit the airport? Do you arrive and leave from the same airport? – Karlson Jul 22 '14 at 13:18
  • Your residence permit was valid for a longer duration that the visa? Can you mention exact dates? – Aditya Somani Jul 22 '14 at 13:28
  • 1
    @AdityaSomani Exact Dates may not matter as long as it is valid at the time of the travel. – Karlson Jul 22 '14 at 13:33
  • In addition are you traveling on a Single Itinerary or did you buy tickets TO London and TO Ecuador separately? – Karlson Jul 22 '14 at 13:34
  • 1
    @Karlson None of this matters in this case. – Relaxed Jul 22 '14 at 21:56

Having a “common format” residence permit from an EEA country does allow you to transit in the UK (see in particular pp. 7-9) even if you are a DATV national (which is the case of citizens of Ecuador).

A common format residence permit looks like this.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.