I have an Indian passport. I used to have a Romanian residence permit, which has expired. Now, I have an EEA family permit for five years issued by the UK. I am living with my Romanian wife and son in London, and we all want to go visit Romania, but first my wife and son will be leaving. After they have left, I want to travel alone for only 8 days from Heathrow Airport. Do I need to first apply for a Romanian visa for entry, or I can go with my valid passport and EEA residence permit? enter image description here

  • 1
    Do you mean that you have a residence card? The EEA family permit is issued for six months. – phoog Dec 11 '17 at 1:50
  • 1
    Please upload a copy of your residence Permit, blacking out personal details – Crazydre Dec 11 '17 at 6:33
  • My residence card issued for five years – user9771 Dec 18 '17 at 23:31

As stated in Timatic, the database used by airlines:

Visa required, except for passengers with a family member residence card issued by Switzerland or another EEA Member State. The card must be issued to family members of a national of Switzerland or an EEA Member State. They are visa exempt for a maximum stay of 90 days and must travel with or travel to join the national of Switzerland or EEA Member State.

So no, you do not need a visa for Romania. However, you need to bring proof (phone number, other documentation) that your Family is in Romania and that you will join them.

| improve this answer | |
  • I have dat first one residence permit family member-EU RESIDENCE so can I travel alone to romania – user9771 Dec 11 '17 at 10:51
  • 1
    @user9771 You must travel to join your family members, which you will do because they're travelling first. Bring documentation proving they're there and are waiting for you – Crazydre Dec 11 '17 at 15:10

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.