I'm gonna leave Switzerland on Nov. 25th for a conference trip, but my B permit will be expired on Nov. 11th. The new one, for which I applied today, will not be delivered before my departure. So, according to regulations, I have to get a re-entry visa to be able to get back to the country.

However, I am wondering how the border officer would react to the fact that I will leave the country 20 days after the expiration of my B permit. In fact, the population office of my commune did not pass me any receipt of renewal except a payment receipt which doesn't look like something reliable to officials. Does my re-entry visa prove that my excessive residence after the expiration of my B permit is authorized (otherwise, Swiss authorities would not have issued any re-entry visa for me)? If not, what should I do to justify the situation?

  • What is your nationality. Where are you travelling to? Sep 17 '19 at 18:51
  • @KristvanBesien: I'm Iranian heading to Australia.
    – Pinton
    Sep 17 '19 at 19:10

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.