I have a temporary residence permit (fiktionsbescheinigung), valid for the next six months, which I got in Germany under § 81 Section 4 of the Residence Act. Can I travel to Switzerland with this certificate (bescheinigung)?

  • Is the question can you travel with this document instead of a passport or along side a passport? – Jacob Horbulyk Oct 26 '18 at 10:03
  • @Jacob i will be carrying the passport , but the question is With this document (fiktionbescheinigung) can i travel to switzerland ? – RamanaMuttana Oct 26 '18 at 10:45

This depends on your Fiktionsbescheinigung as described in german on this official document

You have three boxes, which can be ticked on page three.

If the first or second are ticked you are not allowed to enter Switzerland without a visa

If the third one is ticked, you may enter switzerland with an official expired "Aufenthaltsbewilligung" or a Visa.

So long story short: You probably need a Passport with a valid visa inside.

| improve this answer | |
  • Looking at the image from wikipedia, looks like third box is checked only for cases issued under § 81 Section 4. – RedBaron Oct 26 '18 at 11:09
  • Since the source you link to is in German, most users of this site will be unable to read it. Can you explain what each of the three boxes represents? – phoog Oct 26 '18 at 14:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.