I am a Pakistani citizen and intend to apply for Mexican work permit. I have got the sponsor letter / offer letter but there is no Mexican embassy in Pakistan. So can I get it from the Abu Dhabi Mexican embassy?

The reason I am asking is because one of my friend was not permitted to travel Mexico from Turkey. I don't know why turkish airline offloaded him from turkey. Can i get the reason why he was not allowed

  • 3
    You’ll have to get the reason your friend was offloaded from your friend. If he/she was self-transferring in Turkey, the most likely explanation is he/she did not have the correct paperwork for the onward flight to Mexico.
    – Traveller
    Commented May 13 at 13:09
  • Per IATA Pakistani citizens may TWOV in Turkey through Ankara (ESB), Antalya (AYT), Istanbul: Metropolitan Area (IST) and Sabiha Gokcen (SAW), or Izmir (ADB) with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country within 24 hours. They must stay in the international transit area of the airport and have documents required for the next destination. TWOV in Antalya (AYT) does not apply when transiting between terminals 1 & 2. The flights need to be booked as a single itinerary (ie one PNR).
    – Traveller
    Commented May 13 at 13:23

2 Answers 2


From my understanding there are a few reasons as to why he/she was rejected.

  1. he may not have had the correct visa/required documents
  2. some countries require your passport to be valid beyond 6 months of the date of your trip.
  3. there could be security or compliance concerns related,

however I would have expected the reason to be properly explained to your friend, its rather odd for them to leave him in the dark like that


It is better to call the Abu Dhabi embassy instead of just arriving. They should be able to help you though with the process. Typically for issues where there is no embassy or consulate in your home country, you go to the nearest one.

[email protected] is the email to send enquiries to for the embassy in the United Arab Emirates.

  • Not just the geographically nearest one, but whichever the country was assigned to. It’s a good idea to contact an embassy to verify whether they deal with requests from a specific country or not.
    – fregante
    Commented May 17 at 14:17

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .