I am planning to travel Europe in late September this year. This will be a 15-20 days trip.

I am Software Developer by profession and I am thinking to attend some coding bootcamps or training while traveling.

I could not stay for more than a week at a place so is it possible to attend some nearby institutes or where can I find short courses or training camps?

The destinations I have in mind are, Italy, France, Belgium, Netherlands.

I am alright if it is paid but not too expensive as I am not looking for a detailed course.

My question is related to both the legal aspect and the training I can enroll in while my stay in any of the mentioned countries.

Note: I am a Pakistani national and my VISA of type C is valid for one year with a max of 90 days stay and the purpose I mentioned while filling the application form was Business.

  • 3
    Do you ask whether such courses exist or whether your visa allows you to do that? For the 2nd one we need to know where are you from and what is your visa plan.
    – yo'
    Commented Sep 1, 2016 at 9:56
  • 1
    Are you asking if your visa allows you pay for and attend training courses; or are you asking if there are training courses available that are less than a week in France, Belgium or Netherlands? Commented Sep 1, 2016 at 10:18
  • 2
    Possible duplicate of Is it legal to study while on a tourist Schengen visa?
    – JonathanReez
    Commented Sep 1, 2016 at 11:42
  • 1
    I have updated my question, please have a look.
    – Sajjad
    Commented Sep 1, 2016 at 16:08
  • 1
    I'm from Pakistan and my visa type is C
    – Sajjad
    Commented Sep 1, 2016 at 16:22

1 Answer 1


As outlined in an answer to a related question by @Relaxed:

Official documents can be found on the EU website. In fact, there is no such thing as a “tourist” Schengen visa, the main distinction is between a short-stay (no more than 90 days in a 180-day period) visa and long-stay (national) visas.

Since there is no such thing as a "study" visa or a "bootcamp" visa, you should be fine undertaking the mentioned activities in any country of the Schengen area on a regular short-stay visa. The only restriction is that you must not be paid for participating, but I presume most bootcamps are the other way around.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .