Can anyone tell me what kind of visa it will be if i apply to attend mrcp convocation ceremony in edinburgh. The types of visa are confusing.

  • What types did you consider? Why are you having trouble deciding which of those is correct? – phoog May 16 '16 at 6:02
  • OP comments reveal 'post-submission-anxiety' so tagging accordingly. – Gayot Fow May 16 '16 at 6:34

Attending a convocation in Edinburgh is a personal objective and you would apply for a Standard Visitor Visa. To do this, you would open an account at Visa4UK and create a new application.

The first set of questions on the application would be filled out like this screen shot...

enter image description here

For the generic case, that's really all there is to it.

You have a previous refusal where they got you on funds parking. Hopefully you are in a position to make a better presentation to the decision-maker. There are some reasonably priced advisers at The Association of Regulated Immigration Advisers and for heavy lifting (which I recommend in your case) your can check out the Immigration Law Practitioners Association. And the main point of reference for finding a solicitor is the UK Law Society.

I would also recommend that you make a careful read of Should I submit bank statements when applying for a UK Visa? What do they say about me? before assembling your evidence. There's more background reading at proof-provenance-of-funds.

Note: disclosing that I am a long-term, contributing member in good standing at those resources I linked to.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.