I'd like to visit London for a week to attend a conference (2-3 days) and a short 3-day non-recreational training course.
(1) What is the correct type of visa (and subtype) for activities listed above? Training may or may not be the main reason for the visit.
according to VISITORS APPENDIX 3. PERMITTED ACTIVITIES FOR ALL VISITORS (EXCEPT TRANSIT VISITORS) https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitor-rules
As a visitor i am permitted to undertake any activities in paragraphs 3 – 27. Can i undertake any of them or just a subset that corresponds to selected visa type/subtype? If i select Visit -> Tourism -> 6 month in visa application form and tell about conference and course then
- Can i undertake activities listed in 5 (a) attend meetings, conferences, seminars, interviews; under "Business – general activities" subsection?
- Can i undertake a short non-recreational course that does not include english language training from 25-b-(ii)? What is an accredited institution?
- Is there a more appropriate visa type for the visit with a plan that includes activities from paragraph 5(a) and 25-b-(ii)?
- Can i undertake any activities from paragraphs 4-27? (not 3 A visitor may visit friends and family and / or come to the UK for a holiday)
- Is "Study - Study (non point-based system) - short-term student 6 month?" a better choice for activities listed in the beginning of this message 5(a) and 25-b-(ii)?