I will be working on a paid internship in Germany for 2 months. Since, my duration of stay is less than 90 days, I can apply for a schengen visa. However, since I will be paid a stipend, do I need to apply for any other type of visa for the work permit? Or is it included in the schengen visa itself?

  • Permission to work is separate from the visa. You need a Schengen visa, and you need permission to work. The organization that is hiring you should be familiar with the regulations and the procedures for complying with them. – phoog Apr 26 '16 at 4:14
  • @phoog, that seems to be no longer true according to the links in my answer. – o.m. Apr 26 '16 at 5:31

I'm assuming you're not an EU citizen.

This page defines internships which require only an ordinary visa for work. Basically, all those which are less than three months and either part of a recognized university course or organized by a German government agency.

If you do not qualify, check this page (in English) which says when you need a visa.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.