My sister is going to give me a visit visa for me to visit her in Dubai. I'm here in Egypt with a tourist visa which has expired several months ago (April 2015).

My question is can I go to Dubai leaving from Egypt with an an expired Egyptian tourist visa? Will there be any problem if I leave Egypt?

  • 3
    Your tourist visa is for which country ? Are you an Egyptian citizen ?
    – blackbird
    Commented Sep 12, 2015 at 21:25
  • 1
    Do you mean you are in Egypt on an expired visa?
    – CGCampbell
    Commented Sep 13, 2015 at 4:36
  • You'll have to pay a fine while exiting; that's about it. Commented Sep 13, 2015 at 7:30
  • My tourist visa is for Egypt. It's been expired last April 2015. Thanx
    – Tintintin
    Commented Sep 14, 2015 at 14:12
  • And I'm planning to go to Dubai January next year. So i want to know if I can go from here to DUbai? Thanx
    – Tintintin
    Commented Sep 14, 2015 at 14:13

2 Answers 2


Your problem is not Dubai, your problem will be leaving Egypt. However, accordingly to anecdotal evidence, overstays of "several months" can be settled with a fine of LE 150 paid at the airport on departure. I'm not sure if a half a year is too much, but I would definitely go the airport nice and early, and with a large stack of cash on hand.


You will pay penalty fees while departure, in the passport control officer will direct you to pay the fees. You need to plan for more time before your flight.

  • 2
    References? Links? Something?
    – Karlson
    Commented Feb 23, 2016 at 15:22
  • 1
    This just duplicates the existing answer, except with less detail and no references. Commented Feb 23, 2016 at 15:51

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .