I'm Philippines passport holder and currently living in Israel. A few months ago my resident permit expired and I'm ready to go back home for good. My question is - can I apply for a Schengen visa in Greece even for just 2 weeks because I want to travel before going back to the Philippines?

  • To clarify - you want to apply for it while you are in Greece, or you want to go to Greece?
    – Mark Mayo
    Nov 2, 2012 at 0:35
  • i want to go in greece. im working in israel for a quite sometime and im philippines holder passport. could it be possible to get schegen visa from greece embassy although my resident visa here in israel has been expired? i want only a 2weeks travel in greece then afterwards i will go back home in philippines for good
    – bing
    Nov 2, 2012 at 5:27

1 Answer 1


You will need a valid resident/work visa in the host country in order to apply for a Schengen Visa (in a foreign country).

I could not find a specific page for your case (Greek Embassy in Israel) but going quickly through few other Greek Embassies in other countries (for example, the Greek embassy in the U.S website) shows that a Valid resident visa is required, hence I am sure all other Greek embassies will ask for the same.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .