If I am in the Schengen Visa area (with a visa) and we cruise to Turkey getting off the ship at Istanbul and Kuskadasi and return to Barcelona - do I need a multiple-entry visa or will a single entry work?

  • 2
    a single entry visa would not be enough.
    – Dirty-flow
    Jul 21, 2014 at 8:45
  • 1
    It's probably best to ask the cruise ship company. The visa rules for Turkey are different from the rest of Europe and you will want to make sure you have everything in order. Sometimes, there are different immigration rules for passengers from cruise ships. The company obviously deals with this all the time and can advise you. Jul 21, 2014 at 19:42

1 Answer 1


To expand my comment - You will need a multiple entry Schengen visa. Going to Turkey means that you leave the Schengen area and you will reenter it when you return to Barcelona.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.