I am filling out a Schengen Visa (the top right says "Formular C1", if that matters). Question 19 asks me to give my "home address".

I am an international student, the place I consider to be my 'home' is in the US. However, I will be at my college dorm in the UK until I travel to Austria (the place I'm filling out the Visa for).

For question 19, should I give the address of my 'home' in the US, or my 'college dorm' in the UK?

1 Answer 1


From experience, when dealing with "Home address", the author of the form usually mean your most recent "registered address".

As you are living in the UK, I assume you have registered your stay with the authorities there. This could be for tax reasons.

I would use your current address in the UK on the form.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.