While filling the UK Standard Visa form, I was asked to enter all the addresses I have lived in past 2 years.

I am living at my current address since 16 months, I have the tenancy agreement to show for it. Before that I used to live in my college dorm room.

Do I need to provide a proof that I used to stay in my college dorm as it comes within the 2 years period of Visa application?

  • Does it ask for proof of those addresses? – DJClayworth Dec 22 '19 at 20:16
  • Where exactly in the application does it ask for provision of proof of previous addresses? – Traveller Dec 22 '19 at 20:44
  • I haven't yet submitted the application, I couldn't find any info regarding proofs of addresses other than the current one. I asked here so that if it is required, I would get it done before submitting the application – Aak Dec 22 '19 at 20:48

There is no requirement to prove your address. What is mandatory is confirmation of legal residence, if you are not a national of the country in which you are applying or your right to reside there is not included in your passport. The Guide to Supporting Documrnts https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/visitor-visa-guide-to-supporting-documents/guide-to-supporting-documents-visiting-the-uk makes no mention of proof of address being needed.

  • My current address is different than the one I have in my passport, in fact the address in my passport is the same as my college dorm one. it is hassle here to update your passport address, moreover a new passport is issued if you change your address – Aak Dec 23 '19 at 4:53

Supply proof of your present residence and proof of your collage attendance for that period with the statement that you lived the in a college dorm during that time

  • if they require more, they will ask for it

Important is only that truthful answers be given and documented with present documents available.

  • I want to prepare all my documents before submitting the application so I need to be sure that if proof of college dorm is required – Aak Dec 22 '19 at 20:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.