I am currently in Malaysia on a 30 day visitor visa. My flight is April 6th, but all flights have been cancelled until further notice. There is no avenue for me to leave the country. My visa expires on April 7th. I’ve tried calling the Indonesian embassy in Malaysia but not once have they picked up; I assume this is because the country is in lockdown.

I need urgent help and advice. I’m not sure what to do, and don’t want to be penalized with overstaying.


UPDATE: Flights are operating to Indonesia that allows you to fly out, at a very reasonable price. The below advice still applies if your host country ceased flights, like India, or your country of citizenship ceased flights (again India).

You have to contact Malaysian Immigration to know about the stay extension. This is a circumstance beyond your control, they should be able to help you on extension of your stay. Indonesian embassy have limitations on involving in visa policies of host country. If you are looking to go home, Indonesian embassy may help in form of an evacuation flight (unlikely in this scenario) or similar.

If you just want to extend the stay, Assuming you are in KL, this is the contact details.

Jabatan Imigresen Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur,Aras LG, 1,2 & 5, Kompleks Kementerian Dalam Negeri (KDN), No 69, Jalan Sri Hartamas 1, Off Jalan Duta, 50550, Kuala Lumpur

Tel: 03-62057400

Fax: 03-62011191

Further contact details can be found in the following websites.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.