I have been ussued the Business visa type C, multiple entry, valid for 2 years. I got it issued in Jan 2019, sponsored by my company for business purposes.

But I have not travelled on any business meetings yet. However, I'd like to visit my friends and relatives in the UK for a week or so.

Can I do a personal travel on a business visa? Also, what documents will I have to provide at Immigration for this?

Please let me know. Thanks in advance !


P.S. I see that a lot of places mention standard visit visa, but my visa clearly stayes business visa, type C visit.

  • It's the same visa, you're fine to use it to travel for tourist/visit reasons, obviously it doesn't guarantee you entry, thats down to the immigration officer.
    – BritishSam
    Mar 15 '19 at 13:19
  • 1
    The UK hasn’t issued Business Visas for several years, the relevant visa type is a Standard Visitor visa which allows the holder to carry out the business-related activities permitted under the Visitor Rules gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa A Standard Visitor visa is normally valid for 6 months unless you’ve demonstrated that you have a good reason for needing to visit the UK regularly over a longer period. For clarity, are you saying you have been issued with a long-term Standard Visitor Visa valid for 2 years?
    – Traveller
    Mar 15 '19 at 13:28
  • You have created multiple accounts (Shruthi and Shruthi). You can merge them.
    – phoog
    Mar 15 '19 at 14:27

Permitted business-related activities are covered under the UK’s Standard Visitor visa type https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

Bring the same documents you’d need to apply for a visa, to show to officers at the UK border, if asked. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/549692/Visitor_Supporting_Documents_Guide_-_English_version.pdf

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.