I am in the UK with an ICT visa (3 years). I am applying for a Standard Visitor visas for 6 months for my wife and son to visit me for 6 weeks. Now, as I already have accommodation, my wife and son can stay with me. How do I answer these:

1) The cost of your accommodation?
I already have accommodation, so should I put 0 here?

2) Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip?
If I put No here and most of the amount in our joint accounts have been credited recently (like within 1 month), will my wife's bank statements be required here?

1 Answer 1


Q1: Answer ‘0’ and explain in the application/cover letter that your family will be staying with you during their visit. If you do not own your accommodation, provide proof that you are allowed to have guests eg rental agreement, letter from landlord

Q2: Answer ‘yes’ if your wife is not paying all the costs of the trip herself. Your wife should submit her bank statements. See Should I submit bank statements when applying for a UK Visa? What do they say about me?

This guidance may help https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/589168/VAF1-guidance.pdf

  • Thanks for the response. If I am sponsoring complete trip then my Indian account statements will work because I have been in UK for just 3weeks and do not have any bank account here?
    – Satty
    Feb 23, 2019 at 13:37

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .