Please I need some advice, I just got my passport back and I was refused an EEA family permit visa to travel along with my husband and son who are Italian citizens, because I couldn't get the divorce papers of my husband's previous marriage that took place in 1998 and divorce in 2003. I included affidavit of missing divorce papers.
My concerns are what do I do since we can't find the divorce papers? And secondly on our marriage certificate it's written 'bachelor, not divorced', and it was one of the reasons of refusal. Please what can I do to correct the marriage certificate, because while we were signing the marriage certificate they didn't ask if any of us were married before so we didn't even think it will be an issue.
The following were the documents I submitted:
- Copy of his Italian passport
- My passport
- Copy of our son's Italian passport
- Our marriage certificate
- Photos from our traditional and court marriage, photos from our son's naming ceremony and some family pictures of us and our son.
- Whatsapp chat from when we started dating.
- Affidavit stating that the divorce papers were missing while moving from house to house.
Please I will like to add that in my Nigerian passport I have a two years schengen visa, can we travel to France and then show them at the UK border our marriage certificate telling them am the spouse of an EU member and will like to enter the UK with my husband? Can I enter the UK through that means?