is it compulsory for the person inviting me to the UK to give me her bank statements and pay slips. She doesn’t want to give me the aforementioned two. The only thing she is willing to give me is the copy of her passport, invitation letter, employment letter and her utility bill. How helpful are these please

  • 1
    Is she sponsoring you (paying for your flights or accomodation) or are you just visiting her?
    – nkjt
    Commented Aug 3, 2018 at 19:07
  • She is not paying for my flight ticket. She's only responsible for my accommodation and feeding. Commented Aug 3, 2018 at 19:11
  • 1
    If she is in rented accommodation she may need to prove that she is able to accommodate you eg permission from the landlord
    – Traveller
    Commented Aug 3, 2018 at 19:13
  • Ok. But do I still need her bank statements and pay slips? She is my father's brother wife Commented Aug 3, 2018 at 19:16
  • Omo Naija those are enough for the visa application. My cousin got the same documents from my UK friend in February and successfully applied. Commented Aug 3, 2018 at 19:22

1 Answer 1


In offering to host you, the person would only need to provide an invitation that covers:

  • they are willing to accommodate you during a specific time period (dates)
  • their status in the UK (e.g., citizen, legal presence)
  • the location of the property (address)
  • that they have the right or permission to host (e.g., ownership, tenancy agreement, letter from landlord/housing authority)
  • their contact information (phone, email)

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .