The UK Visas & Immigration supporting documents guide continues to be the operative directive. Her email to you and scanned documents would be acceptable but be sure to include your own financial statements.
When you apply you’ll need to provide:
- a current passport or other valid travel identification
- evidence that you can support yourself during your trip, such as bank statements or payslips from the last 6 months
Read the full list of supporting documents you can provide.
Section 2: other documents you may want to provide – all visitors
This section provides guidance on the types of documents that you may want to provide to help us consider your application against the Immigration Rules.
Previous travel documents/passports, which show previous travel.
Financial documents showing that you have sufficient funds available. These must clearly show that you have access to the funds, such as:
- bank statements
- building society book
- proof of earnings such as a letter from employer confirming employment details (start date of employment, salary, role, company contact details)
- where a third party (who is either in the UK or who will be legally in the UK at the time of your visit) is providing financial support to you e.g. a business, a friend or a relative, documents to show they have sufficient resources to support you in addition to themselves and any dependant family should be provided
Confirmation of legal residence, if you are not a national of the country in which you are applying or your right to reside there is not included in your passport.
Details of employment or studies where you have stated in your application that you are either employed or in full-time studies. This could include:
- a letter from your employer on company headed paper, detailing your role,
- salary and length of employment
- a letter from your education provider, on headed paper, confirming your enrolment and leave of absence
If self employed: business registration documents confirming the business owner’s name and the date the business started trading.