I am working on an H-1B visa in the US and hold an Indian passport. I am planning to travel to Schengen countries this summer. My company has an office in Germany, and I am planning to work remotely for 3 weeks and then travel for 3 weeks. Can I combine work and vacation on a Schengen Visa?


Generally speaking, no. Working remotely from Germany means working in Germany, and if that isn't covered by the activities permitted by a business visa, you need a work permit to do so.

  • You did not state your nationality. I'm assuming that you're not an EU/EEA citizen, or you wouldn't have a visa.
  • Depending on your employer, you might qualify for a work permit as an intra-company transfer. For that, ask on Expatriates Stack Exchange.
  • Your visa may explicitly permit you to work. That isn't normal.
  • Thanks for answer, Can I combine my vacation during this period on my business visa? – rahulrv Mar 28 '18 at 19:27
  • @3xplore, you can combinde different activities which are allowed on a C visa. I'm still not sure if what you propose to do is allowed on a C. – o.m. Mar 29 '18 at 4:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.