I have a 5-year valid UK residence permit (ICT Tier 2 Visa) and have lived in the country for 15 months. I had to go back home (India) for a couple of months due to personal reasons. Now, I need to get back in for a 2-week meeting (still working for the same company) and get back home. Is this allowed as part of the existing visa, or should I have to apply for a separate business visa/visitor visa?


1 Answer 1


Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa lists the following things as allowed on a Tier 2 visa:

  • work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
  • do a second job in the same profession and at the same level as your main job for up to 20 hours per week
  • do voluntary work
  • study as long as it doesn’t interfere with the job you’re sponsored for
  • travel abroad and return to the UK
  • bring family members with you

So the answer is yes, what you're proposing is allowed.

  • How long we can stay outside? May be more than a year?
    – user570593
    Nov 25, 2017 at 15:22

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .