I am an Indian citizen. I have ICT tier 2 short term UK visa valid till June 2015. I was in UK for 6 months. My assignment got over and I came back to India in Jan 2015. I want to visit UK again as a tourist now. I don't have any assignment there anymore. Can I visit UK on the same visa? Or I need to apply separate tourist visa?

  • Is there something on your visa like amount of entries? I don't know if this is the case on all visas.
    – Lewis
    Apr 10, 2015 at 5:04
  • Did you try asking at the UK consulate?
    – phoog
    Apr 10, 2015 at 18:23
  • @ Lewis Yes, it says multiple entries
    – Neha
    Apr 15, 2015 at 4:58

1 Answer 1


You've a multiple ICT T2 visa & you're eligible to travel back to UK again but as you don't have any assignment here in UK, its better that you apply for a separate tourist visa. Why so? The UK immigration officers will ask you the purpose of your visit & when you'll say "just a friendly visit" or something like that, it would be a violation of your ICT visa. I hope this helps.

  • Thank you Waqqas. That was helpful and exactly same as told by VFS office.
    – Neha
    Apr 28, 2015 at 9:34

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .