I have been offered a scientific research position (PostDoc) at Institut de recherche pour le développement (IRD) in New Caledonia for 1 year. I would like to apply for 'Long Stay Visa for Scientific-Researcher'. There is a required document "Convention d'Accueil" for the visa application. Does anyone know how to get this document?

At the moment, I have a document of working contract signed by the head of the Institute (IRD). Is this document mean the "Convention d'Accueil"?

Can anyone explain to me for this?

  • It's possible that you have to apply for a work visa instead. – Relaxed Aug 24 '17 at 14:32
  • Hello user67018, perhaps you should ask on Expatriates Stack Exchange. One year stay is more their area of expertise. – o.m. Aug 24 '17 at 16:27
  • There's a description in English here. – mkennedy Aug 24 '17 at 21:08