Recently i travelled to UK on business trip and hold a UK standard visitor Visa valid for six months.

Now i want to travel to Scotland and Ireland for tourism. I cannot see anywhere on my visa that its only for business. It only says "C-Visit".

Can i use the same visa for Tourism?

  • 1
    Yes, those visa are good for multiple visits and you can engage in any activity listed in Appendix 3 of Appendix V of the rules, no problem
    – Gayot Fow
    Jul 2, 2017 at 10:58

1 Answer 1


Yes, your visa gives you the privilege of visiting throughout the UK (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland) wheher it be on business, visiting friends, or tourism.

APPENDIX V: Immigration Rules for visitors

A visitor is a person who is coming to the UK, usually for up to six months, for a temporary purpose, for example as a tourist, to visit friends or family or to carry out a business activity.

Appendix 3 details 24 permitted activities for all visa holders (except transit visitors) beginning with Tourist and Leisure, Volunteering, and Business, and so forth.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .