I am going to travel to the USA, from Europe, and I am filling the ESTA.

I moved very recently to another country within the EU and I am in doubt which address I should use.

In my passport my address is nowhere visible, but I don't know if it's recorded since it's an electronic passport.

I am afraid that if I use my new address for the ESTA the information mismatches the one on the passport and I get in trouble for something so simple.

  • 3
    Use your current address, not the one you had when you obtained the passport. – Calchas May 16 '17 at 9:01
  • It might help if you told us which country issued the passoprt..... – user40521 May 16 '17 at 9:25
  • Use the current address, that's it – Crazydre May 17 '17 at 3:16

While the ESTA form does ask for your contact information, it means your current address and not one you provided as part of country's passport application. As you point out, your passport doesn't show an address, many don't.

What the ESTA online application will ask is your passport information, parents' names, city of birth, history of US visa admissions, contact information, and any criminal history, any national identification number you may have, history of communicable disease.

  • 1
    I have never heard of any passport that contained an address. AFAIK the US passport chips contain just a reference ID the EU passports the same data as the id page (including your photo) and your fingerprints. – chx May 17 '17 at 4:35
  • @chx nor have I, but made found some anecdotal reports that suggests some do, so I didn't want to make such a broad generalization that none contain addresses. – Giorgio May 17 '17 at 13:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.