I have a valid Schengen visa in my Vietnamese passport. Can I use a Schengen Visa (Tourism) to visit Mexico ?


As stated by Timatic, the database used by airlines, yes you can.

Visa required, except for passengers with a valid visa issued by Canada, Japan, USA, United Kingdom or a Schengen Member State for a maximum stay of 180 days

Note that the official immigration website is outdated, only stating that Schengen permanent residents, and not visa holders, are visa-exempt.

  • Crazydre, are you sure about that, Can you please post the link ? – Suzi Apr 8 '17 at 17:16
  • 1
    @Suzi Click on "Yes you can", that's a link to Timatic, the database used by airlines – Crazydre Apr 8 '17 at 17:17
  • 2
    This answer could be improved by adding a link to an official government source, since getting on the plane is only half the battle. Also, having both links will be helpful if the policy changes in the (presumably distant) future. – phoog Apr 8 '17 at 18:30
  • 2
    @phoog Timatic is pretty authoritative. Airlines use it to know who they can allow to board and, since they'll get fined a lot of money if they keep bringing people to Mexico without the proper visas, they have a strong motivation to keep it accurate. – David Richerby Apr 8 '17 at 22:10
  • 1
    @AndrewLazarus ...while Timatic still says visas from all of the above are OK. Many countries frequently fail to update their websites - South Korea is the same. – Crazydre Oct 5 '17 at 22:26

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.