I am currently living in Spain on a 5 month trip, I was granted a student visa for 180 days. This is a type D visa and I would like to travel in the month after my program is finished, will I have problems with this if I have already lived in the country of issue for 90 days? and as a bonus question, can I re-enter the Schengen Zone through a different country to return to Spain?

  • Check my answer which emphasizes this is not a duplicate.
    – chx
    Apr 9 '16 at 17:03

Curious but the other related questions while answer the question whether you can travel on a D to other Schengen countries (yes) does not emphasize this fact: the 90/180 rule only applies to the countries you visit. The country where you reside with a D visa does not fall under the 90/180 rule as you are not a visitor there but a temporary resident.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.