I hold an Indian passport and Indian citizenship and a valid F-1 (student) visa.

I have a 17 hours halt at Zurich on my journey from the USA to India in December.

Instead of sitting at the airport if I want to visit the city for few hours, do I need a transit visa? If yes what type of visa is required and how to apply for the same? Is there any option of on-arrival visa? Any links would be appreciated.

  • 1
    Have you looked at our other questions on requiring a transit visa in Zurich for Indian citizens? We have quite a few...
    – Mark Mayo
    Nov 17 '14 at 22:13

You do not need a transit visa, but to enter Zurich you will need a visa.

You cannot get it on arrival, you would have to apply for it before your trip.

  • Thank you for your reply. Kindly let me know which type of VISA do I need being an Indian Citizen and how to apply? If you could provide with any links, it is highly appreciated.
    – Ashish
    Nov 18 '14 at 23:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.