I am traveling from India to US via Paris where I have layover of 9 hours. My US visa is H-1B. What visa requirement do I have in order to visit Eiffel tower. Currently I am in US.


As an Indian national with a US Visa transiting a French airport you do not generally require a visa, as you can TWOV (Transit Without Visa). Presuming you are passing through Paris CDG airport, then this is true even if you have to change terminals as there is an air-side bus. (At Paris ORY airport some transfers can not be made airside and will require a visa).

However TWOV will NOT allow you to enter the country, and the Eiffel tower is not even slightly visible from either airport!

Thus to visit the Eiffel Tower - or any other part of Paris - you will require a visa. As you are planning to leave the airport, you are most likely after a Schengen "Short Stay" visa, which will have to be issued by a French embassy due to the only country you're planning to visit being France.

Unfortunately this means that it'll end up being a relatively expensive visit to La Tour Eiffel.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.