I am a Malaysian. Can i travel to other countries besides Schengen while my Poland TRC is in progress?

I am planning to go for a vacation in India in November this year, which is this time the Poland TRC application will be in progress.

1 Answer 1


If you have a valid visa (with enough days) to travel back to Poland afterwards. Decision alone is not a permit to enter Schengen zone.

  • I don't understand your answer's second sentence. Do you mean that an application alone is not a permit to enter the Schengen zone? Apr 30, 2020 at 15:29
  • No I mean a decision alone. 2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ii5pMe8MgNE/WdVAetfg3nI/AAAAAAAABUM/…
    – bipll
    Apr 30, 2020 at 22:42
  • 1
    Ah. You mean a valid Polish TRC is, by itself, insufficient to enter the Schengen area. Apr 30, 2020 at 22:46
  • It definitely is, but TS says his one is still processed. You can travel once you have the actual plastic card at hand, a confirmation of a positive decision alone (as in a photo I've posted link to) is not a travel document, once you've received it you still should wait a few months for the actual TRC without leaving Poland.
    – bipll
    May 1, 2020 at 7:55

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .