I was in Barcelona in month of March, 2019 and my Indian passport with one year multiple entry Schengen visa was stolen. I have returned back to India on Emergency Certificate issued by the Indian embassy in Madrid.

Now I have to travel again to Spain next month. Should I apply for a new visa on my new passport or can I get the same lost visa extended on my new passport?

If the answer is yes, whom should I contact & where?


You will need to apply for a new visa. There is no procedure in the Schengen Visa Code for extending visas even when they haven't been stolen and even when the same passport is presented with the application. The only option is to submit a new application for a new visa.

The fact that you have a previous visa and that you complied with its conditions will weigh favorably in your new application.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.