I am travelling to Canada next week. My girlfriend would like to go to with me, yet she does not have the passport. The only option left for her on such a short notice is getting the temporary passport (non-biometric).

We are Polish citizens and would like to know whether one can enter Canada with temporary passport and is visa needed in such circumstances?

1 Answer 1


Yes, you can use a Polish temporary passport to travel to Canada.

Timatic, the database which airlines use to verify passenger travel documents, states in relevant part:

Passport Exemptions:

  • Nationals of Poland with a temporary passport.

You still need to get an electronic travel authorization (eTA) before traveling though.

Visa required, except for Nationals of Poland with an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). They are visa exempt for a maximum stay of 6 months.

You'll need the passport number to apply for the eTA, so you should obtain it as soon as possible.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .