I am an Indonesian student in Spain. I had a student residence card (TIE). But someone stole my wallet, which had my residence card. I'm supposed to go to Germany and stay for 1 and a half months. I paid for the ticket to Germany with Vueling Airlines. I only have my passport and my 3-month expired visa.

So is it possible for me to travel to Germany? What kind of document can I use to prove my TIE was stolen and I am a legal resident?

Thank you.

  • 1
    If you have not reported the theft yet, do it. Apply for a new TIE. What did they tell you how long it takes?
    – o.m.
    Jul 18, 2018 at 4:55
  • A month for a new TIE, but i should go to germany tomorrow. @o.m. Jul 18, 2018 at 5:08
  • Do you have a copy, right? Jul 18, 2018 at 7:44
  • I know this isn't an answer but I'm in the same situation right now. I'm kinda desperate so I just wanted to ask, what did you need to present to get a regreso? And did you go through immigration or not? Would really appreciate the help
    – eva
    Nov 25, 2019 at 18:40

1 Answer 1


I was able to go to Germany without a problem. I had to apply for an Autorización de Regreso. It's a document that proves you have a TIE, but you lost it, or it is expired, and that you are renewing it. If Immigration asks you about your TIE, you can show them your Autorización de Regreso.

  • 2
    Are you sure about that name? Regreso with one s is Spanish, but Ignacio is a personal name, and apart from a couple of plants named after San Ignacio that's all it is. I can't figure out what it might be a typo for. Aug 30, 2018 at 8:44
  • 1
    Do you mean "Autorización de Regreso"? Aug 31, 2018 at 6:19
  • 1
    Ah yes typo. I mean autorizacion de regreso Sep 11, 2018 at 8:25

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .