I am a seafarer from India and have a C1/D US visa. I am now on vacation in India. Can I transit through a US airport on my C1/D visa for a personal visit to a final destination of Canada? I am not joining or leaving any ship, I just want to transit the USA to my final destination, Canada.


Yes, your visa is valid for transit through the United States for a personal trip unless it bears an annotation stating otherwise.


A C1/D visa is a combo C1 and D visa. C1 Status lets you stay in the US for 29 days on your way to a third country - as such you can use it for your purpose.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.