One of my Indian friends has to travel to Hong Kong from India urgently. His passport has less than 6 months validity and he does not have enough time to renew his passport (he has to fly tonight).

Indians only need a permit to visit Hong Kong, which has to be applied online and that's exactly the problem for my friend: he can't apply for it as the system throws an error because the passport has less than 6 months validity.

Is there any solution for this problem?

1 Answer 1


The HK Immigration website is quite clear:

(a) holds an Indian passport valid for at least six months;

Your friend won't be able to fly to HK, at least not until the passport has been renewed.

  • yeah, I also read that. I thought maybe someone can suggest some way (maybe by some application/letter etc.)
    – skm
    Feb 12, 2018 at 10:45
  • 1
    HK is not the kind of place with grey areas. And, especially, when it comes to immigration.
    – user67108
    Feb 12, 2018 at 10:48

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .