I understand I need to prove non-EU residence when I leave Schipol (for Switzerland) to get my VAT refund stamp. I have both a NZ and UK passport, so I assume that if I simply present the NZ passport and proof of address in NZ then this should be sufficient?

  • JFYI: if you're an EU resident, It is tax fraud. Aug 16 '17 at 17:28

Presenting your non-EU passport won't be sufficient on it's own. You would also need to show that you've entered the Schengen area as a tourist, which would require you to demonstrate a 90-day entry stamp. If you did indeed enter the Schengen area on your NZ passport this should be sufficient.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.