My situation is as follows: I am a Ukrainian citizen and have a one-year Italian residence permit for the purpose of studying that is valid until June 16. I am supposed to leave the Schengen zone on June 19. My passport allows me to stay 90/180 days in Schengen. I wanted to ask:

  1. Can I stay in Schengen after my permit expires, having the Ukrainian passport, without the need to leave the Schengen zone and reenter?
  2. In the following scenario: My permit is valid until June 16, but I leave Italy for Croatia (which is part of the EU but is not part of the Schengen Zone) on June 1 and then, re-enter on the very same day with my passport only without showing my permit anymore. Would my student status change to tourist status in this situation?
  • What you are going to do after your residence permit expires in Europe? Tourism? – gstorto Feb 7 '19 at 1:23
  • yes, I will be travelling – Roman Feb 7 '19 at 14:15