I'm going to Cuba this summer and was wondering which visa I need, based on the fact that my flight could stop in Moscow ( Russia ) and then fly to Cuba from there. I'm in Italy. Do I need 2 visa? One for Cuba and one for Russia? Do I need any other documents? Where should I get those documents? I'm Italian.


1 Answer 1


Assuming you’re transiting Russia from Italy, you need a transit visa http://www.russianconsulate.info/transit_visas.html and a tourist visa for Cuba. The latter are not available on entry, are valid for 30 days for a single entry, and can be extended for a further month. Some airlines include the Cuba visa when you book, or you can obtain one via a travel agency or the local Cuban consulate https://www.worldtravelguide.net/guides/caribbean/cuba/passport-visa/ On entry in Cuba you must be able to show proof of confirmed return flight and booked accommodation (note: it is illegal to stay in an unregistered casa), and you should have adequate travel insurance.

  • A transit visa is not needed for airside transits. You should also be aware that neither of those links are to official websites. May 4, 2018 at 19:52

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.