I have applied for a temporary permit (Poland) 8 months ago and I'm still waiting. I have a stamp in my passport stating that I have applied and waiting for the result, but it is written in Polish. The problem is that my visa is running out and I must travel to another Schengen state for work after my visa expires. I don't go through immigration when travelling within Schengen states, but if my passport gets checked outside Poland, I might be an 'illegal immigrant' instantly.

What do I do here?

  • 1
    Are you traveling for business or are you moving to work in another country? – Jacob Horbulyk Aug 28 '17 at 8:57
  • I don't see any obvious solution. You're presumably supposed to wait for a proper Polish (temporary) residence permit before travelling to other places in the Schengen area. Maybe ask the Polish authorities to extend the validity of their visa? – Relaxed Aug 28 '17 at 10:25