Originally from Dayton, Ohio, I moved to Japan in 2006 (to rural Mie Prefecture) where I did freelance web development, including the running of a local community and information site for English-speakers living/visiting that area of Japan.
In 2011 I then moved to Tokyo. I spent a few years working for a major Japanese web portal's dictionary and web search features, and now work for a large-scale Japanese social gaming company and work on their portal site - particularly with its behind-the-scenes data collection and engineering as well as the creation or improvement of convenient administrative tools.
I have lived in Japan for over 8 years now and have extension knowledge covering living or traveling in Japan.
Summary of Expertise
In recent years, I have worked primarily with search and rankings, however I can where just about any tech hat required in the process of creating and maintaining web services.
Some of my favorite daily-use software
- Firefox (+Firebug)
- Linux, preferably Debian-flavored
- PowerPoint (shockingly)
Some of my favorite web services
- Google Maps
- Translation Party
- too many to list...
Some of my favorite places in Japan
- Tokyo, Osaka, and Fukuoka for modernity
- Kyoto, Ise, and Koya-san for beautiful temples/shrines/gardens
- Takamatsu, Osaka, Sendai, and Kochi for food (Tokyo has lots of good stuff too)
- Hamamatsu, Matsumoto, Kanazawa, and Kagoshima for impressive medium-sized cities with a good mix of modernity, traditional Japan, and nearby nature
Member for 6 years, 10 months
13 profile views
Last seen Jan 13 '17 at 7:32