Questions about New York City, the largest city in the United States, located in the Northeast in the State of New York.
New York City, the largest city in the usa, is located on the Atlantic coast in new-york-state, in the Northeast. The city encompasses five boroughs— Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Staten Island— and lies at the center of a metropolitan area with a population exceeding 20 million. It is the largest center of American business and culture, one of the country's principal gateways and transportation hubs, and one of the most important economic regions in the world.
- MTA — operator of the New York City Subway, Metro-North Railroad, Long Island Railroad, and public buses
- Port Authority — operator of lga, jfk, ewr, and swf airports, the PATH train, and bus terminals
- NJ Transit — operator of trains and buses to New Jersey
- NY Waterway — operator of the ferry system
- NYC Department of Transportation — oversees the transportation system including items such as pedestrian safety, bicycle paths, and parking restrictions