A message from our CEO about the future of Stack Overflow and Stack Exchange. Read now.

Yes, your residence card (Aufenthaltstitel) allows you to travel within Germany, but does not allow you to cross the national border. You are, however, required to show and/or hand out your passport and/or residence permit to an authorized official such as police and customs officer government employees, such as foreigners and registration officials upon ...


You need your passport https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/before-you-leave-for-the-uk As a US citizen, residence in another EU country doesn’t give you the right to enter the UK without your passport.


You’re safe without the passport on domestic flights in Germany. As a Norwegian citizen living in Germany for over 30 years, I have never had to show my passport on a domestic flight.

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible