Yes, your residence card (Aufenthaltstitel) allows you to travel within Germany, but does not allow you to cross the national border. You are, however, required to show and/or hand out your passport and/or residence permit to an authorized official such as police and customs officer government employees, such as foreigners and registration officials upon ...


You need your passport https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/before-you-leave-for-the-uk As a US citizen, residence in another EU country doesn’t give you the right to enter the UK without your passport.


You’re safe without the passport on domestic flights in Germany. As a Norwegian citizen living in Germany for over 30 years, I have never had to show my passport on a domestic flight.

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible