One month ago, I applied for a US visa using a non-VWP passport and have been selected for administrative processing (no luck I know).

Now, I have a new passport from a VWP country. Can I apply for an ESTA and travel to the US with no issues?

I am travelling for medical surgery.


You can apply for an ESTA for sure. However, the form will ask for the details of your other passport, and the ESTA may or may not be denied once the match is found in the system.

If it is approved, you should be fine at the border, but answer any questions truthfully as usual.

protected by phoog Jul 26 at 10:02

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.