I'm planning on flying to Moscow, Russia (SVO) from Incheon, Korea (ICN) in a few days.

I am a Korean-American dual citizen, having both a Korean passport and an American one. My names on both passports are different.

I noticed that Koreans can travel to Russia without a visa for 30 days, but U.S. Citizens require a visa.

I believe my boarding pass will be booked under the American name, but I won't be getting a visa. Will I be okay showing my Korean passport at Russian customs to enter?

This seems complicated and I've never been to Russia, so I don't know if I'll be pulled aside or rejected or how relaxed they are with this.

  • If an answer was helpful and solved your problem, please click the big checkbox to accept it as the answer.
    – gdrt
    Aug 14, 2017 at 13:37

2 Answers 2


Actually, as it states on the website of Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia about visa-free regime between Russian Federation and South Korea, the duration of visa-free regime is 60 days, not 30:

Граждане государства одной Стороны, являющиеся владельцами проездных документов и не имеющие намерения осуществлять трудовую деятельность, учиться в учебных заведениях или проживать на территории государства другой Стороны, освобождаются от требований получения виз для въезда, пребывания, выезда или следования транзитом через территорию государства другой Стороны. Срок каждого такого пребывания не может превышать шестьдесят (60) дней.


Citizens of one of the states which possess a travel document which don't intend to work, study or live on the territory of another state, can enter, stay, exit or transit through the territory of another state visa free. The duration of such a stay shall not exceed 60 days.

Speaking about your dual citizenship, as a citizen of South Korea, you have a privilege of entering Russia free of visa up to 60 days and your US citizenship doesn't abandon it. So, just show your Korean passport to immigration officer and enjoy your stay in Russia.


Russian border control doesn't care about your boarding pass, only your passport. So simply show your Korean passport.

At check-in in Incheon, in case your trip is indeed booked in your American name, just show both passports.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .